Apex Utilities recognizes the unique interests and rich culture of the Indigenous Peoples of Canada. As an organization, we acknowledge the devastating impacts that colonization has had on Indigenous communities. We are committed to nurturing long-term relationships that honour the values of First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples.
Apex Utilities pledges to provide education to our employees on current Indigenous issues and to continue working closely with our Indigenous partners to better understand their perspectives, so we can make responsible and respectful decisions.
Reconciliation starts with us.
Our actions towards reconciliation
- Providing education and training for employees to develop meaningful engagement.
- Developing opportunities to employ and contract Indigenous Peoples.
- Recognizing National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
- Celebrating Indigenous People of Canada and their diverse culture and history.
- Adopting the use of a land acknowledgement as an act of reconciliation and inclusivity.
Indigenous Relations Committee
The Indigenous Relations Committee includes representatives from several operating divisions across the organization, and it is overseen by an executive sponsor.