Natural Gas and the Environment
Protecting our Environment by Putting Sustainability First
We are committed to protecting the environment and safeguarding public and employee health. Our Environmental Code of Conduct is a public statement demonstrating our commitment to the Environment. Our Environmental Initiatives Include:
We are reducing waste by recycling materials such as paper products, batteries, electronics, waste pipe, and compostable material.
We are implementing energy management solutions, such as:
- Installing energy efficient windows and lighting; and
- Utilizing solar power at a number of our rural facilities.
Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction
We are reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions through innovative and sustainable solutions, including scheduling and dispatching optimization, and Automated Meter Reading, which has reduced annual GHG emissions by 400 tonnes of CO2.
We are mitigating our effect on the environment by:
- Designing, constructing, operating, and decommissioning our facilities in ways to protect fish and wildlife habitats;
- Restoring land to its pre-construction condition;
- Managing the spread of noxious weeds; and
- Using environmentally friendly cleaning products.
We are preventing the spread of clubroot disease in Alberta by utilizing effective cleaning practices in areas where clubroot is present, or is likely to be present.